Verizon DSL Blog

Testing the connection between blogger.com and my Verizon DSL webspace.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FIOS Follow-Up

Comparing FIOS to DSL is like comparing the space shuttle to a pair of sneakers. Seriously, in my experience and opinion, FIOS is fast and reliable, whereas DSL is slow and flaky. To be more specific, the beauty of FIOS is that is uses high-fidelity fiber optics to carry digital signals, while DSL uses analog copper wires to transport digital data.

The proof is in the speeds these technologies are able to achieve:

DSL: 3Mbps
FIOS: 50Mbps

What do you think? Of course you can make up your own mind on these matters, but that's the conclusion that I've come to.

Since this blog is mostly focused on DSL, my other blogs, Informed Hosting and Telecom Rebirth feature most of what I have to say regarding FIOS. Check 'em out!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home